Giambrone & Saltzman, LLC was founded in 2008 by Anthony Giambrone and Richard Saltzman to create an accessible firm focused on serving the unique needs of clients, whether large corporations or individuals.
Anthony Giambrone, Jr.
Anthony began his career as Assistant General Counsel to Prime Motor Inns, Inc., a New York Stock Exchange hotel company. Before and after the formation of Giambrone & Saltzman, LLC, Anthony has maintained a balanced practice that enables him to serve both the needs of the business community as well as individuals. This approach provides Anthony with the opportunity to represent commercial banks along with many public and private corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, while maintaining relationships with and representing individual clients.
Practice Areas: commercial and residential real estate; hospitality law; municipal land use/zoning; business organizations and transactions; franchise matters; banking law; contracts; trust and estates.
- Represented public and private companies in connection with real estate sales and acquisitions, financial transactions, zoning matters, contracts and litigation.
- Represented an international clothing design company in connection with real estate, zoning, and litigation matters.
- Represented a corporate client in connection with the acquisition of professional dental product lines from an international pharmaceutical company, which acquisition included intellectual property rights, contract rights, an out-of-state manufacturing plant and other assets. Responsibilities included coordinating the efforts of intellectual property counsel, local counsel at the site of the plant, and the management team of his corporate client.
- Represented several national hotel brands in franchise litigation matters.
- Represented commercial lenders in connection with mortgage loans and cooperative share loans.
- Represented clients in connection with the acquisition and sale of a wide range of businesses.
- Member of a legal team handling sophisticated multi-state/multi property transactions (acquisitions, sales and financings), mergers and acquisitions and legal matters that involved major financial institutions and law firms.
- Handled hotel zoning matters (applications and oppositions).
- Established internal procedures to be followed in connection with hotel acquisitions and sales.
DELAWARE LAW SCHOOL
Juris Doctor, 1986
SETON HALL UNIVERSITY
B.S., Business Administration, 1982
• New Jersey (1986), New Jersey Supreme Court (1986), U.S. District Court of New Jersey (1986)
Since the founding of the firm in 2008, Richard has primarily counseled franchisees in their relationship with their franchisors. The majority of clients are franchisees of major hotel franchise companies. Throughout his career, Richard has successfully handled thousands of settlements and commercial transactions. Representation has included franchise termination agreements and settlements workout agreements, franchise agreement review, and contract negotiation. From 2008 to 2018 Richard was General Counsel and a principal of Genco Development, owner/operator of multiple Five Guys restaurants in Northern New Jersey. Richard has served as franchise counsel to franchisors, including Red Roof Inns and he currently serves as Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Nola Poboys, a franchisor of quick serve restaurants.
Prior to the founding of the firm, Richard spent over two decades with Wyndham Worldwide and its predecessor companies, playing a key role in the company's franchise sales and development efforts. For 12 years, Richard was responsible for the franchise administration process for all of Wyndham's hotel brands. Wyndham is the largest hotel franchise company in the world with over 7,000 franchise locations worldwide. Wyndham is the parent company of LaQuinta, Ramada, Days Inn and Super 8. In a similar capacity, Richard was responsible for the franchise administration process for the RCI Holiday Network, another Wyndham division. Prior to his position in franchise administration, Richard served as corporate counsel, responsible for supporting for the franchise sales and administration departments in contract negotiation; oversight of the franchise compliance functions of the company including license agreement default and termination matters; commercial real estate transactions and financings; employment law; and trademarks and copyright. Richard also led operational due diligence and integration teams for various corporate acquisitions.
Prior to his service with Wyndham and its predecessors, Richard was in the private practice of law which included corporate law, commercial and residential real estate, wills and trusts, trademark matters, and personal injury, and commercial litigation.
NEW ENGLAND SCHOOL OF LAW
Juris Doctor, 1983
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
B.A., History, 1980
Activities & Affiliations
• International Franchise Association (IFA), Member
• New Jersey (1983), US District Court of New Jersey (1983)
Jaclyn got her start clerking for Judge Lisa F. Chrystal, Presiding Judge of Family Part, Union County Vicinage, in Elizabeth, New Jersey. Upon completing her clerkship, Jaclyn worked at Karen Kirchoff Saminski, Esq., LLC, specializing in family law. Prior to joining Giambrone & Saltzman, LLC, Jaclyn worked for a mid-size firm in Manhattan specializing in employment and commercial litigation.
CARDOZO SCHOOL OF LAW
Juris Doctor, 2016
B.S., Government, 2012
Activities & Affiliations
• Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (VLA) Member and Volunteer, NYC Bar Member, Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators Member
• New Jersey (2017), New York (2017)